Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Multimediaaaaaaaa!

Probably one of the best soundslides I've seen in awhile:

http://www.mediastorm.com/0021.htm

When I had to find an inspiring audio slideshow, the first site I thought of was Mediastorm. This project is no exception. The photos are diverse enough to be interesting but cohesive enough to tell a story. The segmentation of the story into what feels like chapters (with each character) makes the nearly-14 minute length flow extremely well. The audio is well done, though I feel like the narrative should start earlier than it does. Overall though, the work is basically incredible and really reminds me of the reasons I wanted to do photojournalism in the first place: tell stories that have the ability to demonstrate some essential part of humanity.

No comments: