Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chronicles of a bored photographer, pt. 2

Well, I'm at least trying to keep this up, even though I'm a day late...

There was a meet-up for Tulsa-area strobist folks, and while I'm not an avid reader of said blog, it's at least cool most of the time. So, I decided to go.

3-2-1 Smile

Corey (http://www.flickr.com/people/coreylack/), the guy who set all this up, brought a few models for us to shoot. This one was shot outside, in natural light, with a reflector.

SURPRISE!

That would be Corey. He built a beauty dish out of a CD case and an old floodlight, and stuck his 580 in it. It created a really, really cool catch light in his eye.

Little Light

He then crawled into a drainage tunnel where there was a bit of concrete missing from the roof. We tried to do things with lights in here, but I was never really able to get a good one.

This whole experience makes me want to start building some kind of lighting setup. Maybe I will soon, who knows.

4 comments:

Phoebe Sexton said...

cool stuff, man. you're already poised to kick our butts in advanced!

totally unrelated: can you give me some sort of creative assignment to make me use my tlr and piles of medium format film? many thanks.

Emily Thomas said...

May I say that I'm envious of the environments? Well done shots, though.

William Lounsbury said...

what did u shoot this with?

they look great.

Lolita Hazed said...

This shit is sew goot.